End the summer season and kick off Autumn with this soft cider and cinnamon cake. Sweet cider keeps the cake moist and fluffy while giving it that sour apple flavor. Cinnamon is an aromatic and intensifies the cider taste. Castor sugar, finer than granulated sugar, quickly mixes into the batter and sweetens the sour dough. The cake dough should be thick and lightly brown in color before going into a heated oven. Remove and cool. Due to its thickness, thin slices are recommended for serving.
- 220 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 120 grams salted butter
- 120 grams caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sweet cider (20 cl.)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and sugar to a pale cream. Mix in the eggs, 110 grams of the flour mixture, and the cinnamon.
- Gradually, mix in the cider and the remaining flour mixture.
- Butter and flour a round cake pan.
- Pour the batter in the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.