Ciabatta with Black OlivesKooking
You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Ciabatta with Black Olives . This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 60 grams bread flour
- 60 grams water
- 5 grams bakers yeast
- biga (starter)
- 500 grams bread flour (it can be half regular and half whole)
- 300 grams water
- 40 grams oil
- 10 grams salt
- 12 grams bakers yeast
- 70 grams black olives (chopped)
- flour (for dusting)
- 1Prepare the starter (biga) the night before baking day.
- 2For the starter, mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl, kneading lightly.
- 3Cover with a cotton cloth and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- 4For the dough, place flour in a large mixing bowl and mix yeast into flour.
- 5Add salt, biga, oil, oregano, olives and water to flour and mix well.
- 6Dough will be moist. Knead well until dough is elastic.
- 7Tip: Lightly knead dough and let rest for 10 minutes, so that it is easier to knead.
- 8Repeat process 2-3 times.
- 9Place dough in a bowl and cover with a cotton cloth until doubled in volume.
- 10Place dough on a floured baking sheet and fold the right side over the center and the left side over the center.
- 11Let stand for 20 minutes and repeat steps at least 3-4 times.
- 12Preheat the oven to 250°C (approximately 480°F).
- 13Place a bowl of water in the oven to add humidity during baking.
- 14To make mini ciabatta, cut dough into mini portions.
- 15Bake for about 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 200°C (approximately 400°F and bake for 20 additional minutes (or bake for 30 additional minutes for large ciabatta rolls).
- 16Remove and cool on a rack.