Ciabatta Bread with Cauliflower CurryO Meu Tempero
Store-bought chapata bread (or pita bread) are just right for filling with a savory mixture of thinly sliced leek, shredded cabbage, and coarsely grated carrot that's sauteed until tender and seasoned with curry powder along with salt and freshly ground white pepper. Once the breads are stuffed, you can drizzle the filling with olive oil and sprinkle with parsley just before serving, for lunch or as part of a tapas style dinner.
- olive oil
- 1/2 leeks (thinly sliced)
- 1 cabbage (heart, cut in julienne)
- 1 large carrots (coarsely grated)
- 1 tablespoon curry
- ground white pepper
- 4 ciabatta loaf
- 1Heat a little olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the leek.
- 2Once leek has softened, add cabbage and carrot.
- 3Cook over low heat and cover pan with lid.
- 4In a small bowl, mix curry with a little water.
- 5Add curry paste to the vegetables.
- 6Season with salt and a generous amount of pepper.
- 7Stuff ciabatta bread with cooked vegetables.
- 8Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and dried parsley. Serve on a board.