Once in a while you will find a recipe that stands the test of time for decadence and pure bliss. This recipe for Ciabatta is one to keep on hand for any holiday, special occasion or celebration. With the richness and delicious taste, this recipe is full of flavor. it is a little bit of heaven in each bite. The hardest part of this delicious recipe, is deciding who will get to enjoy the other corners with you. Make a batch this weekend.
- 100 grams bread flour
- 60 grams water
- 7 grams bakers yeast
- 500 grams bread flour
- 300 grams water
- 40 grams olive oil
- 10 grams salt
- 12 grams bakers yeast
- flour (for dusting)
- 1Prepare the starter (biga) the night before.
- 2For the starter, mix the ingredients in a mixing bowl, kneading lightly.
- 3Cover with a cotton cloth and let stand at room temperature overnight.
- 4For the dough, place flour in a large mixing bow and mix yeast into flour.
- 5Add salt, biga, oil, and water to flour and mix well.
- 6Dough will be moist.
- 7Knead well until dough is elastic.
- 8Tip: Lightly knead dough and let rest for 10 minutes, so that it is easier to knead.
- 9Repeat process 2-3 times.
- 10Place dough in a bowl and cover with a cotton cloth until doubled in volume.
- 11Place dough on a floured baking sheet and fold the right side over the center and the left side over the center.
- 12Let stand for 20 minutes and repeat steps at least 3-4 times.
- 13Preheat the oven to 250°C (approximately 480°F).
- 14Place a bowl of water in the oven to add humidity during baking.
- 15Bake for about 10 minutes, then lower oven temperature to 200°C (approximately 400°F and bake for 30 additional. Remove and cool on a rack.