- 8 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 3/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs (soft)
- 1 3/4 pounds meatloaf
- 1 medium zucchini (coarsely grated)
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato chutney (store bought)
- 4 ounces green beans (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 14 ounces brown lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Line the pan crosswise with bacon, overlapping slightly. Set aside. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 5 mins or until softened. Cool.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add the meat, zucchini, onion mixture, eggs, 1/2 cup of the parsley and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Press into the prepared pan, smoothing the surface with a spatula. Fold the bacon over the top. Spoon chutney on top. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 mins. Remove foil and bake 20 mins longer or until cooked through. Let stand for 10 mins before slicing.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in the skillet on medium heat. Add green beans and lentils and sauté for 2 mins or until beans are tender. Add tomato and remaining 2 tbsp parsley. Serve the meatloaf with the green bean mixture and additional tomato chutney.
|Calories930Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.