Each region of Mexico specializes in their own cultural foods and traditions. This particular recipe is well known throughout Mexico and it's many region. This is a traditional Churros recipe. Try our Churros recipe and let us know about your experience in the comments below. You can also give this Churros recipe a star rating to share with others.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 50 grams butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 liter cooking oil
- 50 grams requeson cheese (or ricotta cheese)
- 1 eggs (at room temperature)
- ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan, add the water and cinnamon stick and cook over high heat until the water reduces to 1 cup.
- Remove the cinnamon, then add a pinch of salt and the butter. Continue to cook until the butter melts.
- Remove from the stove. Add the flour and mix using a wooden spoon until there are no lumps. Let the batter cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the oil until it reaches 180 degrees Celsius.
- Add the cheese to the batter and mix, then add the egg. Stir until the mix is smooth, which might take a few minutes.
- Add the batter into a pastry bag with a star tip.
- Once the oil is hot, create the churros directly into the hot oil. Cut into sections with scissors to avoid burns.
- Cook until golden brown. Remove and drain the excess oil by placing the churros on top of absorbent paper towels. Once they are cool, cover with a sugar and cinnamon mixture.