Chunky Adobo Sofrito ChickenBest Foods
Sofritos vary country to country, but they are typically aromatic vegetables, such as garlic, onions and peppers, cut into small pieces and sauteed in oil used as a base to flavor recipes.
- 1/4 cup Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaves oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb. or skinless bone-in chicken thighs*)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped, 2 cups)
- 2 green bell pepper (chopped, 2 cups)
- 1 onions (chopped, 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1Combine, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar and oregano in small bowl; remove and set aside 1 tablespoon.
- 2Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate 20 minutes. Toss tomatoes, peppers and onion with remaining Mayonnaise mixture.
- 3Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- 4Heat same skillet over medium-high heat and cook vegetable mixture, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in water; add chicken cook covered over medium-low heat, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- 5Transfer chicken to serving platter. Stir reserved 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture into vegetables. Spoon vegetable mixture onto platter and sprinkle, if desired, with chopped cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.