Sofritos vary country to country, but they are typically aromatic vegetables, such as garlic, onions and peppers, cut into small pieces and sauteed in oil used as a base to flavor recipes.
- 1/4 cup Best Foods Light Mayonnaise (or Hellmann's®)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb. or skinless bone-in chicken thighs*)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped, 2 cups)
- 2 green bell peppers (chopped, 2 cups)
- 1 onion (chopped, 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Combine, Hellmann's® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar and oregano in small bowl; remove and set aside 1 tablespoon.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Rub both sides of chicken with 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture and refrigerate 20 minutes. Toss tomatoes, peppers and onion with remaining Mayonnaise mixture.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until golden, about 4 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat and cook vegetable mixture, stirring occasionally, until peppers and onion are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Stir in water; add chicken cook covered over medium-low heat, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter. Stir reserved 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise mixture into vegetables. Spoon vegetable mixture onto platter and sprinkle, if desired, with chopped cilantro. Serve with hot cooked rice.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat45|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.