Christmas Hampers - Goat cheese in olive oil and herbsHoje para Jantar
Gifts from the kitchen are the best kind of holiday presents, and are the kind that keep on giving. Here, goat cheese can be left whole or cut into pieces and marinated with herbs, spices, and olive oil for at least two weeks or longer. Be sure to store the bottle in a dark place, as sunlight will cause the flavor to mellow (as with any oil, by the way). And use the best quality goat cheese and olive oil available.
- goat cheese
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the herbs well.
- 2Place the cheese, whole or cut in cubes in a glass bottle, add the herbs and spices and fill up with olive oil.
- 3Cover and store in the dark for at least 2-3 weeks.
- 4Decorate the jar with paper or cloth, a silk or satin ribbon around the lid and a label with identification.