Christmas Flower ChocolatesOn dine chez Nanou
This Christmas, why not try these decadent Christmas Flower Chocolates. The recipe takes an hour to make and each tender and rich morsel is 80 calories. All you need to make these mouthwatering treats is some love, expression and decadent ingredients for a succulent chocolate dish that everyone will love as much as you love making them. There are 30 chocolates in this recipe, so you might want to consider doubling it so you can take some to all your parties.
- 200 grams milk chocolate chips
- 50 grams chocolate (colored, or white chocolate)
- 200 grams chocolate (gianduja, or hazelnut chocolate)
- 50 grams pistachio paste
- 3 tablespoons butterscotch sauce
- 10 whole hazelnuts
- 1In the microwave, melt the red chocolate.
- 2Using a small spoon, carefully pour the chocolate at the bottom of flower-shaped molds, gently tapping the molds so the chocolate is well spread.
- 3Set aside until it hardens.
- 4In a bowl, melt 100 gr. milk chocolate in the microwave. If chocolate should shows a temperature greater than 40 degrees Celsius on a candy thermometer, it is too hot to be used.
- 5Stir it to lower the temperature down to 30°.
- 6Using a teaspoon or a brush, fill the flower mold with milk chocolate.
- 7Set aside so that the shell hardens.
- 8To make butterscotch chocolate: put 1/2 teaspoon butterscotch at the bottom of the mold, gently tapping the molds so the caramel is well spread..
- 9Melt gianduja chocolate. Fill each mold with chocolate to 2/3.
- 10Place a whole hazelnut in the center.
- 11To make almond paste chocolates, fill the mold with chocolate to 1/3.
- 12Fill with a layer of almond paste.
- 13Melt and temper the remaining milk chocolate and add to the chocolate molds to finish filling.
- 14Let chocolates set at room temperature for 2 hours.
PER SERVING *
|Calories80Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.