Christmastime is a special time that is filled with laughter, love, and delicious meals with decadent desserts. This recipe for Christmas Cupcakes is perfect for a holiday celebration with friends, family or co-workers. Special ingredients in these sweet treats include cream cheese and vanilla pod seeds for extra layers of creaminess and flavor. Be sure to pick up these ingredients next time you go shopping so you can make these for your next holiday party.
- 115 grams softened butter
- 130 grams granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250 grams cake flour
- milk (12 cl.)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 vanilla pod
- 100 grams cream cheese
- 40 grams softened butter
- 60 grams powdered sugar
- green food coloring (powder)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, beat 75 grams of butter to soften it.
- Add the sugar and mix thoroughly.
- Then, add the eggs one by one, followed by half the flour, and half the milk.
- Add half the vanilla pod seeds.
- Mix well.
- Add the remaining flour and milk and mix again. The batter should be smooth.
- Pour the batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- To prepare the icing, whisk 30 grams of softened butter and the cream cheese in a bowl, gradually stir in the powdered sugar.
- Add the remaining vanilla seeds and green food coloring powder. Mix well.
- Once the cupcakes cool, use a piping bag to frost and decorate with small Christmas decorations and glitter.
- Refrigrate until frosting hardens.