Do you want to try something different for Christmas dinner? This Christmas Chicken just might be the recipe to liven up the holiday spirits. It takes 50 minutes to prepare this dish with 330 calories per serving. ne, bay If you are looking to change it up a little this holiday season and want a savory and hearty dish to prepare, then try this decadent recipe. We think you will love this dish.
- 600 grams chicken breasts (in thick strips)
- 3 strips bacon (diced)
- 1 onions (finely sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 1 red pepper (julienned)
- 1 yellow peppers (julienned)
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 bunch parsley (minced)
- 1 cup green olives
- salt (and pepper)
- Cook the bacon for 3 minutes on medium heat in a large skillet with a little bit of oil. Add the onion and garlic. Stir until the onion is transparent, approximately 4 minutes. Add the cinnamon, clove and paprika. Stir.
- Add the peppers and cook until soft, remove mixture from heat and set aside in a bowl.
- Salt and pepper the chicken strips, add a little paprika and sear on both sides in the skillet.
- Add the wine, allow to come to a boil before lowering the heat to low. Cover, adding the bay leaf, and allow to cook for 5 more minutes, until the chicken is cooked.
- Place the cooked vegetable mixture in a serving dish along with the olives. Place the chicken strips with their juice over the vegetables and sprinkle with the minced parsley.
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.