Bring the magic of the Christmas season home to your kitchen with this recipe for Christmas Cake. Made with a blend of flours and ground walnuts, this cake is also made with ricotta cheese for moist, dense texture. Baked in a bundt pan, this Christmas Cake is covered with a rich rum and dark chocolate icing that is sure to please. Bake time for this cake is 45 minutes. Allow the cake to cool completely before icing.
- 150 grams ricotta cheese (cow milk)
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 100 grams whole wheat flour
- 50 grams flour
- 40 grams ground walnuts (finely)
- 2 eggs
- 50 milliliters soy milk (or cow milk)
- 25 grams softened butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- rum (as needed)
- 200 grams chocolate (gianduia, or dark, for the icing)
- soy milk (or cow milk, for the icing)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the ricotta cheese through a sieve and mix it with the raw sugar. It is possible to use an immersion blender, blending until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add the softened butter and the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the rum and the soy milk.
- Combine the two types of flour with the baking powder and add them to the batter, next add the walnuts.
- Stir just enough to combine.
- Butter and flour a bundt pan and pour the batter inside.
- Bake the cake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate with some milk and a drop of rum (optional), it should not be too liquid.
- Pour it directly over the cooled cake.
- Let the icing cool and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories690Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat210|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.