It’s light, airy, sweet and guaranteed to please. Choux Pastry Crown Stuffed with White Chocolate Mousse and Topped with Strawberry Gelatin offers the tart of strawberries with the decadence of white chocolate wrapped in the airy puff pastry. Top it with powdered sugar and sit back for a tasty treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth, but won’t feel heavy on stomach. It would be great for a brunch or party.
- 1 package chocolate mousse (Instant White)
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 5 deciliters water
- 200 grams butter
- 300 grams flour
- 6 eggs
- strawberries (Sliced )
- powdered sugar
- Make the mouse according to instructions. Refrigerate to gain consistency.
- Make the gelatin according to instructions.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- To make the choux dough, in a saucepan bring to boil, water, a pinch of salt, and butter.
- When boiling, add sifted flour all at once.
- Stir continuously, until the dough detaches from the bottom and the sides of the pan.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- When the dough is lukewarm, add the eggs, one at a time, stirring well between each addition.
- Grease a round pan with butter, and use a pastry bag to pipe out the dough in a crown-shape.
- Bake the dough crown for about 35 minutes, until cooked and golden.
- Remove from oven, and let cool.
- Cut the crown in half.
- Fill in between the two halves, with the white chocolate mousse, and the sliced strawberries.
- Garnish with strawberry gelatin to taste, more sliced strawberries, and finally with powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories760Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.