Savory cake that is closer to a mealtime bread in density and flavors. This cheesy mozzarella and sundried tomato cake can be sliced up and eaten as an on-the-go snack, or toasted for a delicious bread. It’s marbled with bright colors from the red juicy tomatoes and chunks of salty, savory chorizo all held together with stingy, fresh mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection.
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- evaporated milk (15 cl.)
- oil (10 cl.)
- 1/2 chorizo (chopped)
- 10 dried tomatoes
- 100 grams Emmental cheese (grated)
- 1 mozzarella cheese (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, flour, yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Add evaporated milk and oil and mix until smooth.
- Add the chorizo, dried tomatoes, Emmental cheese, and Mozzarella. Mix.
- Pour this mixture into a buttered loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes.