These yeasted buns are dotted with spicy, savory chorizo. Their unique flavor makes them a great accompaniment to just about any meal. Whether it is a brunch frittata, a lunch salad, or a dinner roast, these rolls are a great way to round out a meal. They come together in just over an hour and have only 6 ingredients for an easy treat you can make with ingredients you already have on hand.
- 200 milliliters warm water
- 340 grams flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast (dehydrated)
- 100 grams chorizo (sliced, then cut each slice into 4 pieces)
- For a bread machine: Pour in order into the water tank, 2 tablespoon of oil, salt, flour and yeast. Launch a "dough without cooking" program. Once the dough forms a ball, pour the pieces of chorizo in the tank and let the program finish.
- By hand: in a bowl, pour the flour and salt and make a well in the center. Pour in water, 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the yeast. With your fingers, gradually mix a little flour with the liquid until there is no more flour and a ball is formed. The dough is a little sticky, it's normal, do not add any flour.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and start kneading on a lightly floured surface. To knead, mash the dough with the palm of the hand while stretching, then back toward you and repeat. Knead for at least 10 to 15 minutes, until the dough is soft and elastic. Add the chopped chorizo and knead a bit to mix the dough with the chorizo. Form a ball, cover with a clean cloth and let the dough rise for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit after the rest period (regardless of the method of kneading, by hand or with bread machine.
- Put the dripping pan in the oven in low position. Take the dough and press it lightly to allow fermentation gases to escape. Take pieces of dough the size of a tangerine and shape into balls. Arrange the balls on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Let the loaves rest for about 15 minutes. Brown the bread balls with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil using a brush.
- Before putting the rolls in the oven, pour a glass of hot water into the roasting pan: water will evaporate at once in the oven for crispier bread. Immediately place bread rolls in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories520Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat190|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.