- 3 chorizo sausages (thinly sliced)
- 1 brown onion (coarsely chopped)
- 2 pounds red peppers (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves
- Heat a saucepan over moderate heat. Add chorizo; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until crisp. Remove chorizo from pan. Cover, then set aside.
- Increase heat to moderately high. Add onion, pepper and paprika to same pan; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until onion softens. Add crumbled bouillon, tomatoes and 4 cups water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to moderate. Cook, covered, for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Remove from heat. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend or process mixture until smooth. Return to pan with two-thirds of the chorizo. Cook and stir over moderate heat for 2 minutes or until heated. Top soup with remaining chorizo and oregano. Serve.