- 10 lasagna noodles (– cooked per package directions to al dente, make sure to salt the water)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onions (medium, – chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (– minced)
- 18 ounces chorizo sausage (Mexican, the kind that is raw sausage)
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 24 ounces ragu (Chunky Sauteed Onion and Garlic flavor Pasta Sauce)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (about ½ standard 15 oz package)
- 1 package serrano (Jamon, Ham)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large stock pot – prepare 12 Lasagna noodles per package instructions (make sure to salt the water). When done, leave noodles in the water and remove the stock pot from the heat.
- In a stainless steel skillet, melt the butter and then add the chopped onion. Allow to cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic cloves and the Mexican Chorizo. Cook over medium heat until the Chorizo is cooked through.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and the jar of Ragu Chunky Sauteed Onion and Garlic Flavor Pasta Sauce.
- Remove the lasagna noodles from the water using tongs and lay out flat. Spread 1 heaping tsp of Ricotta cheese on each noodle. On top of the Ricotta spread some of the Serrano Ham. Roll up the lasagna noodles and place in an oven proof baking dish.
- Top the rolled noodles with the sauce. Gently lift up each noodle roll and allow some of the sauce to run beneath. Sprinkle the shredded Mozzarella over the top and place the baking dish on top of a baking sheet (in case any bubbles over, it wont mess up your oven). Bake for 45 minutes until the sauce is bubbly and the cheese is browned slightly. Just before removing from the oven, set the broiler to finish the cheese if necessary. Garnish with cilantro and Mexican crumbling cheese if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories810Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat580|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.