- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 pound Mexican-style pork chorizo sausage
- 2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup manchego cheese (finely shredded, about 1 1/2 ounces, divided)
- 24 basil leaves
- Preheat broiler and arrange a rack about 6 inches from the heat. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic, paprika and salt. Stir in panko and 1/2 cup of cheese. Add pork and chorizo and gently mix until well combined. With dampened hands, shape the mixture into 24 meatballs, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, arranging them on the prepared baking sheet. Broil meatballs until cooked through and lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes, turning halfway through. Set aside to cool slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Spear a basil leaf (fold larger ones in half) and a meatball onto a toothpick and transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with remaining basil and meatballs. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese and serve warm.