You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Chorizo Fluted Cakes combines the rich and spicy flavors of chorizo with the salty and creamy flavors of the grated Gruyere cheese. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- milk (25 cl.)
- 30 grams butter
- 1 egg (+ 1 egg yolk)
- 50 grams buckwheat flour
- 80 grams chorizo
- 50 grams grated Gruyere cheese
- Espelette pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsuis.
- Heat the milk and butter in the microwave.
- In a bowl, mix the egg and egg yolk with the buckwheat flour. Pour in the milk and butter mixture. Mix well to avoid lumps.
- Remove the skin from the chorizo and cut it into small cubes. Add it to the batter along with the grated cheese. Add salt and a few pinches of Espelette pepper.
- Fill a mini fluted mold pan's cups 2/3 full with the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool before unmolding.