These savory muffins would be delicious morning, noon, and night -- and even in between. Chorizo gives them spicy flavor and heft; be sure to buy the dried variety, otherwise you will need to cook fresh chorizo and drain it well before crumbling into the batter. The muffins would go well with eggs at breakfast or brunch, soups and salads for lunch, or as a side kick for stews and roasts at dinner.
- 1 chorizo
- 75 grams margarine
- 2 eggs
- 150 milliliters milk
- 175 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo and crumble.
- In a bowl, beat the margarine and eggs until pale.
- Add the milk and crumbled chorizo meat, stir to combine.
- Add the flour and baking soda, mix well.
- Pour the dough into greased and floured muffin pans.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes.