Chops with Pineapple and Vinegar Chickpea RiceO Meu Tempero
- 4 bone-in pork chops (pork)
- 4 slices pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 60 grams margarine
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup pineapple syrup (from can)
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1For the rice
- 21 c long grain rice
- 33 c water
- 41 medium onion
- 51 small can baked chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 62 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 72 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 9olive oil
- 10For the rice, heat olive oil in a pan and sauté chopped onion until translucent.
- 11Add rice, water and salt.
- 12Stir well and bring to a boil.
- 13Add cilantro.
- 14 Reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- 15Season with vinegar and stir in chickpeas.
- 16For the salad
- 18Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20Olive oil
- 21For the salad, When ready to serve, season arugula and cherry tomatoes with salt and toss with olive oil.
- 22For the pork chops, season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- 23Heat margarine in a pan and fry pork chops on both sides until browned.
- 24Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, lightly sauté pineapple and remove from pan.
- 25In the same pan, deglaze pan with mustard and white wine, stirring constantly.
- 26Pour sauce through a sieve into another pan, add pineapple syrup and boil for 2 minutes.
- 27Whisk in cream and season to taste.
- 28To serve, arrange pork chops and pineapple slices on a plate.
- 29Pour cream sauce over cutlets and pineapple slices.
- 30Arrange rice and arugula salad on plate and serve immediately.