- 4 bone-in pork chops (pork)
- 4 slices pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 60 grams margarine
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup pineapple syrup (from can)
- 200 milliliters cream
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- For the rice
- 1 c long grain rice
- 3 c water
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small can baked chickpeas , rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- olive oil
- For the rice, heat olive oil in a pan and sauté chopped onion until translucent.
- Add rice, water and salt.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add cilantro.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Season with vinegar and stir in chickpeas.
- For the salad
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Olive oil
- For the salad, When ready to serve, season arugula and cherry tomatoes with salt and toss with olive oil.
- For the pork chops, season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat margarine in a pan and fry pork chops on both sides until browned.
- Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, lightly sauté pineapple and remove from pan.
- In the same pan, deglaze pan with mustard and white wine, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce through a sieve into another pan, add pineapple syrup and boil for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in cream and season to taste.
- To serve, arrange pork chops and pineapple slices on a plate.
- Pour cream sauce over cutlets and pineapple slices.
- Arrange rice and arugula salad on plate and serve immediately.