Bring the flavor of your favorite mocha latte into your baking with this recipe for Chocolate, Cardamom, and Coffee Cake. Rich in chocolate and coffee flavor, this cake has an almost creamy quality, making it reminiscent to a smooth creamy latte. Spiced with ground cardamom, this Chocolate, Cardamom, and Coffee Cake is topped with a rich chocolate ganache for elegant and delicious finish. Pull out all the stops for your next party with this decadent cake.
- 280 grams flour
- 220 grams raw sugar
- 3 eggs
- 200 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 ounces espresso (double)
- 4 tablespoons instant coffee
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 50 milliliters heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- cocoa (Bittersweet, powdered)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Dissolve the instant coffee in the double espresso and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan over a double boiler.
- Beat the eggs with the raw sugar and add the rum, heavy cream, coffee, melted chocolate, and ground cardamom and mix well.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and incorporate it into the batter gradually.
- Pour the batter in a wax paper-lined springform pan.
- Bake the cake for approximately 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the ganache by heating the heavy cream and pouring it into a bowl with the chocolate chopped coarsely and the butter.
- Stir well in order to melt the chocolate completely and let the mixture cool slightly.
- The ganache will begin to thicken, pour it over the cake before it becomes too thick.
- Finally sprinkle the cake with the powdered cocoa.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1240Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat540|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.