Chocolate, Banana, and Cardamom Oatmeal CookiesMurmures
The classic oatmeal cookie gets an upgrade in this chocolate, banana, and cardamom version. These cookies are made with no dairy, instead substituting banana and coconut oil for wet ingredients. Lightly sweetened with brown sugar, these cookies also contain a splash of spice in the form of cardamom. Allow for time for the dough to be refrigerated after shaping so that the cookies retain their shape when baking. Double the recipe and form half the dough into cookie balls and freeze for a treat that is ready in just 15 minutes.
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips (or raw cacao)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cardamom (or 1/2 tsp. to taste, can be substituted with cinnamon)
- 1 bananas (mashed)
- 1 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cardamom in a large bowl.
- 3In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, egg, sugar, and coconut oil.
- 4Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture until well blended.
- 5Then add the oats and chocolate flakes. Mix.
- 6Form balls of dough using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop.
- 7Arrange the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 8Place in freezer for 30 minutes before cooking, so the cookies don't flow while cooking.
- 9Bake for about 12 minutes.
- 10The cookies will be soft. Cool on a rack.
- 11Store in an airtight container to retain softness.
PER SERVING *
|Calories350Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.