Chocolate mousse with StrawberriesMarmita
Ah, chocolate and strawberries, a match made in Valentine's Day heaven (or any other time you want to send a message of love, sweet, love). Here, the two meet cute (or sweet) in a chocolate mousse that's topped with a strawberry topping sweetened with brown sugar that can either be mashed and left chunky or pureed in a blender for a smoother sauce. Either way, this dessert will be delectable.
- 200 grams chocolate
- 125 grams margarine
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams sugar
- strawberries (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with the margarine stirring until creamy and remove from heat.
- 2Beat the egg yolks with sugar until fluffy and add the chocolate.
- 3Whisk the egg whites and fold together with chocolate mixture.
- 4Pour into cups and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- 51 hour before serving, cut the strawberries into small pieces and combine with the brown sugar.
- 6Mash with a wooden spoon or puree in a blender.
- 7Pour over the mousse and place in the refrigerator until serving.