Chocolate cake and its IcingChloé Delice
Chocolate cake is the perfect way to show someone you care. They are perfect for holidays, birthdays, parties and special events. This chocolate cake combines dark chocolate chunks or chips with cocoa powder to create a flavorful decadence that will melt in your mouth. Be sure to add these ingredients to your next shopping trip so you can make sure to surprise your loved ones with a rich and creamy sweet treat they will love.
- 155 grams butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 275 grams granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 200 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- 160 milliliters water
- 90 grams dark chocolate (chunks or chips)
- 160 grams powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a bowl, beat 125 grams of softened butter, vanilla extract, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and sifted cocoa powder as well as the water, at slow speed.
- 3Increase to higher speed and beat the mixture for about 3 minutes. The batter should become smooth.
- 4Pour the mixture into your round cake pan (20 cm. diameter) and bake the cake for 1 hour.
- 5Let it cool before removing from the pan.
- 6In the meantime prepare the chocolate icing.
- 7Melt the chocolate and 30 grams of diced butter in a double boiler.
- 8Gradually add the powdered sugar and the hot water and stir.
- 9Pour the icing over the cake.