- 4 eggs
- 225 grams sugar
- 140 grams butter (melted and cold)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 375 grams flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 125 grams chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine the eggs and the sugar, and beat with an electric mixer until creamy and fluffy. Add the butter and vanilla and stir well.
- Gradually add the flour with the baking powder and the buttermilk, and beat well until homogeneous.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cocoa and the water and mix well. Add slightly more than 1/3 of the cake batter to the cocoa and stir well, thus obtaining two batters, yellow vanilla and brown chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 360°F.
- Grease a bundt pan or angel food cake pan with butter and sprinkle with flour.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons of the yellow batter to the pan, followed by 1 tablespoon of dark batter on top, repeating the layers/spoonfuls until both batters are used up.
- Bake the cake until cooked (or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean).
- When the cake is almost done, prepare the syrup by melting the chocolate pieces with the milk on low heat, stirring constantly until the chocolate melts. Let the syrup cool for about 10 minutes before pouring it on the cake (and after removing the cake from the pan).
- For the buttermilk, mix 1 cup of milk with 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and let it sit for 15 minutes before using.