Traditional mille feuille is made with puff pastry, which gives the dish its "thousand layers." But in this simplified version, store-bought cream cookies are a convenient shortcut; just be sure to buy ones of a high quality. This recipe also calls for packaged pudding mix, another significant time saver, especially since there are two flavors that are layered with the cookies in each portion. Top each one with whipped cream or melted chocolate (using ready made chocolate fondue, if desired).
- 1 chocolate pudding mix
- 1 vanilla pudding mix
- cream crackers (to taste)
- whipped cream
- Belgian chocolate fondue
- Prepare the puddings according to package instructions.
- Line a serving dish with the biscuits.
- Cover with the warm chocolate pudding.
- Add another layer of biscuits.
- Cover with the warm vanilla pudding.
- Garnish with Chantilly cream and chocolate fondue.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until chilled and set.