Sometimes you just need a good chocolate fix to make everything right in the world again. These Chocolate and Speculoos Brownies are decadent and delicious. When you can sit back with a tall glass of ice cold milk and bite into this rich and creamy dessert, the stress will melt away. This recipe uses 70-percent dark chocolate to whisk you away into delicious heaven. Why not make a big batch this weekend?
- 300 grams 70% cacao chocolate
- 150 grams salted butter
- 330 grams brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams flour
- 120 milliliters cream
- 85 grams cookies (speculoos)
- 1 jar sauce (speculoos)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter a brownie pan.
- Cut the butter and chocolate into pieces, then melt in a double boiler, stirring continuously.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl, add brown sugar, and slightly beaten eggs, mix well.
- Add the sifted flour and fresh cream, mix well.
- Break the speculoos cookies in 4 parts and set some aside.
- Stir the rest into the batter with a spatula.
- Pour batter in baking pan and smooth the surface.
- Sprinkle with the remaining speculoos and bake for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the speculoos sauce by simply melting it.
- When ready to serve, cut the brownie into rectangles, then coat with speculoos sauce.