Fudgey and rich with chocolate flavor, this recipe standby features classic, nut-studded dark chocolate brownies that are baked to chewy perfection. Once they're removed from the oven and allowed to cool, a quick, easy icing made from melted dark chocolate, beaten egg, sugar and vanilla is spread on top. Alternately, you can skip the icing and sprinkle powdered sugar on top instead. Either way, hold back some nuts for garnish.
- 200 grams flour
- 150 grams salted butter (cut into small pieces, and very chilled)
- 90 grams powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa (bittersweet, powdered)
- baking powder
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- To prepare the pie crust:
- Rub the butter together with the flour using the tips of your fingers until the mixture resembles oatmeal.
- Next, make a well in the center and add the powdered sugar, eggs, cocoa, and a pinch of baking powder, beating them with a fork first, then kneading by hand quickly (the less the dough is handled, the better it will turn out), by rolling the dough on the work surface with the help of a spatula.
- Once all the flour has been incorporated, shape the dough into a ball, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for a few hours.
- To prepare the filling:
- Beat the egg yolks with half of the sugar until foamy.
- Put the ricotta cheese through a sieve and combine it with the remaining sugar.
- While still beating, begin adding the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them into the ricotta cheese mixture carefully.
- Add the chocolate chips.
- Completing the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Butter and flour a 24 centimeter pie plate.
- Remove the pie crust from the refrigerator and roll it out, set aside a piece of dough for the stripes for the top of the pie and place the sheet of dough in the pie plate.
- Place the filling in the pie crust.
- Make the stripes with the dough set aside and place them on the pie in a lattice pattern.
- Bake the pie for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Serve cold sprinkled with powdered sugar. It’s better to serve the next day.
|Calories990Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.