You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Chocolate and Rasberry Filled Macaroons combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 70 milliliters egg whites
- 180 grams powdered sugar (sifted)
- 100 grams ground almonds (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar (or vanilla extract)
- food coloring
- icing sugar
- raspberry paste
- For the macarons, beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add food coloring and vanilla sugar.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and ground almonds to egg whites.
- Place in a pastry bag or in a bag with a small hole and then squeeze out portions of mixture onto a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- Let dough rest on baking sheet for at least 30 minutes, so that macaron edge forms correctly during baking.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes with the oven fan set to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
- Place macarons in an airtight plastic container and refrigerate for 24 hours before filling.
- For the chocolate filling, melt chocolate and butter (at a ratio of 2:1 chocolate to butter).
- Let cool slightly until solid but spreadable.
- For the butter cream filling, mix 100 grams cold butter and 100 grams powdered sugar until smooth.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon raspberry pulp and mix well.
- Fill macarons with chocolate filling or butter cream filling, as desired.
- To serve, arrange on a plate.