Chocolate and Rasberry MacaroonsKooking
You have been invited to a party or potluck and you want to provide the perfect palate pleasing appetizer. This recipe for Chocolate and Rasberry Filled Macaroons combines the rich and delicious flavors that will melt in your mouth. These savory cakes are packed with flavor and make the perfect party appetizer. Be sure to pick these ingredients up the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your friends with your culinary skills.
- 70 milliliters egg whites
- 180 grams powdered sugar (sifted)
- 100 grams ground almonds (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla sugar (or vanilla extract)
- food coloring
- powdered sugar
- raspberry paste
- 1For the macarons, beat egg whites until stiff.
- 2Add food coloring and vanilla sugar.
- 3Gradually add the powdered sugar and ground almonds to egg whites.
- 4Place in a pastry bag or in a bag with a small hole and then squeeze out portions of mixture onto a silicone baking sheet or parchment paper.
- 5Preheat oven to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- 6Let dough rest on baking sheet for at least 30 minutes, so that macaron edge forms correctly during baking.
- 7Bake for 10-15 minutes with the oven fan set to 170°C (approximately 350°F).
- 8Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from baking sheet.
- 9Place macarons in an airtight plastic container and refrigerate for 24 hours before filling.
- 10For the chocolate filling, melt chocolate and butter (at a ratio of 2:1 chocolate to butter).
- 11Let cool slightly until solid but spreadable.
- 12For the butter cream filling, mix 100 grams cold butter and 100 grams powdered sugar until smooth.
- 13Stir in 1 tablespoon raspberry pulp and mix well.
- 14Fill macarons with chocolate filling or butter cream filling, as desired.
- 15To serve, arrange on a plate.