Brownies are always a crowd-pleasing dessert. This recipe for brownies goes beyond the classic with three layers of rich flavor. A base layer of rich chocolate brownies is studded with vibrant pistachios. This layer is topped with pistachio ice cream then topped with a rich chocolate ganache. Make sure your ganache is prepared before you top the brownies with the ice cream, otherwise you will end up with a melted mess.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup muscovado sugar (may substitute dark brown sugar)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup flour
- 100 grams pistachios
- 200 grams chocolate (melted and slightly cooled)
- 0.5 liters ice cream (pistachio)
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 90 grams chocolate
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- Beat the butter until creamy, add the sugar and melted chocolate.
- Dust the pistachios with 1 tablespoon flour. Remove the excess flour.
- Stir the eggs in, one by one, to the butter mixture. Add the flour, cream, and pistachios. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8 inch baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Cut horizontally to form 2 layers.
- Prepare the ganache by placing the cream into a saucepan. When hot, add the chocolate and honey. Remove from heat, allowing the chocolate to melt. Mix well.
- Place one layer of the brownie into a clean baking pan. Spread with the pistachio ice cream. Top with the second brownie layer. Pour the ganache over the brownie and place into the freezer for 2-3 hours.
- Cut into pieces using a knife dipped into hot water. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1350Calories from Fat710|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat710|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.