Chocolate and Orange Pudding and FlorentinesAnanás e Hortelã
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 orange zest
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 1 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 125 grams chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 2 egg whites
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 250 grams slivered almonds
- 1 orange zest
- 1For the Florentine cookies, mix sugar, egg whites and zest until smooth.
- 2Add almonds and stir well. Place small mounds of dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- 3Flatten with a fork until cookie is as thin as possible.
- 4Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (approximately 350°F) until brown, for about 15 minutes, depending on size.
- 5Let cookies cool completely before removing from baking sheet, to avoid breaking.
- 6For the pudding, in a saucepan, heat 2 cups of milk, orange zest and half of the sugar.
- 7In another bowl, mix remaining sugar, egg, egg yolks and remaining milk and beat very well with electric mixer.
- 8Add cocoa and cornstarch and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- 9Tip: For best results, use a food processor.
- 10Gradually whisk hot milk into chocolate mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- 11Do not allow to boil. Cook until mixture thickens.
- 12Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate pieces, butter and liqueur.
- 13Stir well until pudding is soft, uniform and a shiny.
- 14Tip: Use food processor to blend, if needed. Place pudding in small bowls.
- 15Refrigerate until well-chilled and pudding is set. Serve with Florentine cookies.