If you want to make something sweet, decadent, and festive for your Easter dessert, then try this Chocolate and Orange Cream Jars and Adorable Easter Bunnies recipe. It takes 80 minutes to prepare four servings, so plan ahead if you want to make more. This recipe combines creamy ingredients with sweet and savory chocolate and citrus to create a flavor explosion everyone will love. Serve these up for a family dinner and watch the smiles on their faces.
- 20 grams corn starch
- 50 grams sugar
- 250 milliliters whole milk
- 125 milliliters whipping cream
- extract (Vanila, q.b.)
- 75 grams dessert (chopped chocolate)
- 1 jar orange marmalade
- 200 grams flour
- 80 grams softened butter
- 40 grams powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 eggs (for gilding)
- milk (for gilding)
- In a saucepan, in a water bath, or double boiler, add the cornstarch, sugar, and a pinch of salt, then stir.
- Add the milk, cream, and vanilla extract, and let thicken for about twenty minutes, stirring often.
- Once the cream has considerably thickened, add the chocolate, let it melt, and continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the water bath.
- Pour a full tablespoon of orange marmalade into the bottom of small jars and cover with chocolate cream.
- Cover the jars with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- In a bowl, work the flour and butter with your fingertips to a sand for a crumble.
- Make a well in the center, and add sugar, cream, and a pinch of salt. Mix with your fingertips, and roll into a smooth ball.
- Let stand in a bowl covered with plastic wrap for 1 hour.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1/2 centimeter.
- Cut out the shapes.
- Brush dough shapes with egg yolk diluted with a little milk.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake 10 minutes.
- For the variant with hazelnuts, change the amount of flour to only 170 grams, and add 30 grams of ground hazelnuts.
PER SERVING *
|Calories590Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.