Chocolate and Mixed Berry CakeAnanás e Hortelã
When the occasion calls for a special cake, here's one beautiful option: Two chocolate cake layers stacked and filled with jam and then coated with a luscious dark chocolate ganache that sets up and creates a shiny coating. What's more, the cake layers are soaked with a chocolate syrup that's poured over the tops immediately after baking, when they can better soak up the liquid. Fresh berries are the essential adornment.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 125 grams cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- jam (Homemade berry, to taste)
- 200 grams chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 100 milliliters milk
- strawberries (to taste)
- blueberries (to taste)
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Grease two equally-sized round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 3In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until they become light and fluffy. Add the vegetable oil and cocoa powder and mix well. Gradually incorporate the flour and baking powder and then stir in the boiling water.
- 4Divide the batter between the two cake pans and bake until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5Prepare the syrup by combining the cocoa powder, sugar, milk, and butter in a saucepan and cooking them until smooth and heated through.
- 6Unmold the cakes, poke them several times with a fork, and pour the syrup on top of them.
- 7Cool the cakes completely before putting one of them on a serving plate. Spread the jam over one of the cakes and put the other one on top.
- 8To make the frosting, melt the chocolate with the milk until it becomes shiny and smooth. Cover the cake with the frosting. Wait for it to solidify and decorate with the strawberries and blueberries.