Just when you thought you could never have enough chocolate, you tried our Chocolate and Mascarpone Pavlovas recipe. This Chocolate and Mascarpone Pavlovas will chocolate you out when you never thought it was possible. It is packed with this sweet and savory element. Let us know your thoughts of this Chocolate and Mascarpone Pavlovas recipe in the comments below. You can also give this Chocolate and Mascarpone Pavlovas recipe a star rating below.
- 3 egg whites
- 110 grams regular sugar
- 30 grams powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lemon
- 125 grams dark chocolate (ground)
- 7/8 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat the oven to 95C.
- Beat the egg whites using a food processor at medium speed until soft.
- Gradually add the regular sugar and increase the beating speed to maximum. Beat for 15 minutes and turn off the food processor.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar in the meringue.
- Place the meringue in a frosting sleeve and form several discs on a cooking tray.
- Place the tray in the oven and let it bake for 2 hours.
- Remove the tray from the oven and let the meringue discs cool off completely. You can store them in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
- Place the lemon zest, 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, and the chocolate in a glass bowl. Heat the mixture in the microwave until the chocolate has melted, stopping every 20 seconds to stir.
- Remove the bowl from the microwave and let it cool off completely.
- Mix the mascarpone cheese, the remaining heavy whipping cream, and the nutmeg in a different bowl.
- Add the orange juice to the bowl and beat with the food processor at medium speed until the mixture is soft.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the mascarpone cheese and beat at low speed until all the ingredients are mixed. Let the mousse cool off in the refrigerator.
- Serve the pavlovas by taking a meringue disc and spreading chocolate mousse on top.
PER SERVING *
|Calories550Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.