Chocolate and Fleur de Sel brownieAnanás e Hortelã
Feur de sel is just the French name for sea salt, which has become as familiar as kosher salt to many home cooks, who have gained an appreciation for how much flavor is gained by just a pinch or two. Sea salt is especially popular in added just a hint of savory taste to all sorts of sweets, and most particularly when they include chocolate, as in this recipe for brownies.
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 100 grams butter
- 150 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 50 grams cocoa powder
- 2 containers plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel (from Casa do Sal, Figueira da Foz)
- 100 grams 70% cacao chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- fleur de sel (from Casa do Sal, Figueira da Foz to sprinkle)
- 1Grease and line the bottom of a small baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 3In a bowl, combine the eggs and sugar.
- 4Beat well.
- 5Add the melted and cold butter and fleur de sel.
- 6Add the yogurt and stir well.
- 7Gently mix in the sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa.
- 8Add the water.
- 9Pour the batter into the pan and bake until cooked but still moist.
- 10After unmolding the brownies, prepare the ganache by heating the cocoa, milk, butter and sugar, stirring until smooth.
- 11Spread the ganache over the brownies.
- 12Cool and cut into squares.
- 13Sprinkle with fleur de sel to taste.