Dark beer or stout adds a pleasurable depth to this Chocolate and Dark Beer Bundt Cake. The cake is moist, rich and creamy. This surprising and sensational cake combines dark beer or stout, with chocolate and cream for a rich treat. While this delectable dessert does take 70 minutes to make, it will be a present for anyone who gets to sink their fork into it. Don’t for get a glass of milk!
- 250 grams beer (dark/stout)
- 200 grams butter
- 150 grams sugar
- 250 grams flour
- 75 grams cocoa (/chocolate powder)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 140 grams heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place a pot over the stove and heat up the beer, make sure not to let it boil. Once the beer is somewhat hot place the butter into the pot and mix everything together until the butter melts.
- Mix the powdered ingredients in a separate bowl.
- In another bowl (preferably glass or porcelain) begin mixing the cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Once the liquid ingredients are completely mixed, add the beer and butter mixture into the bowl and mix well.
- After mixing the beer with the liquid ingredients, pour the powdered ingredients into the bowl and mix everything until all the ingredients are completely incorporated. (Make sure not to overmix.)
- Pour everything to a bundt cake mold which has been previously covered with cooking spray/oil and flour.
- Place the mold into the oven and let it bake for 40–50 minutes.
- Take the mold out and let it cool off for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, carefully take the cake out of the mold and place it on a large plate or tray. If you like, you may cover the cake with powdered sugar before serving.
|Calories380Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat220|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.