When deciding what to bring to the next special occasion, holiday, party or backyard barbecue, you have to make sure the sweet tooth will be satisfied. This recipe for Chocolate and Coconut Cupcakes is a sweet and hearty way to show your friends and family how much you care. The shredded coconut pairs perfectly with the decadent chocolate for a flavorful explosion in your mouth. They are easy and quick to make, and you can frost and decorate them any way you wish. Is there a theme to the party? Pick a frosting that will match the theme and surprise your guests.
- 2 egg whites
- 70 grams butter (melted and cooled)
- 40 grams sugar
- 60 grams shredded coconut
- 20 grams flour
- chocolate (squares)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius (320 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Combine the egg whites with the melted butter. Add the sugar, shredded coconut, and flour and mix well.
- Place paper cups in a muffin pan. Fill the cups 2/3 full with the batter then place a square of chocolate in the center.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.