Chocolate and Almond CharlotteLolibox
Chocolate and almond are flavors that always complement each other, but this recipe takes the combination to a new level by adding one teaspoon of bitter almond flavor. Dive into this luxuriously fun chocolate cake. It’s springy texture, while lacking in density, it is overflowing with deep, bitter and sweet, sinfully delicious tones that any chocolate fanatic is sure to go crazy over.
- 125 grams butter
- 200 grams baking chocolate
- 5 eggs
- 100 grams sugar
- 125 grams ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon bitter almond oil
- 1Melt the chopped butter and the chocolate in the microwave. When melted, stir to combine.
- 2Mix in 5 egg yolks, sugar, ground almonds, and flour.
- 3Add the bitter almond oil and mix well.
- 4Preheat oven to 350F.
- 5Butter a cake pan and flour with cocoa powder.
- 6Whisk the egg whites until stiff and gently fold into the previous preparation.
- 7Pour into pan and bake for at least 25 minutes.
- 8Prick the cake with a knife to see if it is done. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is ready.