- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (dark Dutch)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup dried cherries (coarsely chopped)
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup zucchini (grated, unpeeled)
- 1 cup sweet potato (grated uncooked)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter (cold, cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup almond slices
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl add 1/4 cup of flour, 3 tablespoons brown sugar, and butter. With your fingers blend the flour, sugar and butter pieces until the texture of very coarse meal.
- Add the almonds and combine with the flour/butter mixture. You may then toss in the chocolate chips or simply sprinkle them on top of the streusel topping.
- Set aside while preparing the batter
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, dark chocolate cocoa, cinnamon, soda, baking powder and salt.
- Toss in the cherries, dark chocolate chips and almonds.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs,sugar, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in the grated zucchini and the sweet potatoes.
- Pour the egg /zucchini mixture into the dry ingredients and beat to combine. Do not over beat.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350º F oven for 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours.
- The loaf is done when a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1370Calories from Fat700|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat700|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.