- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Cream the butter and sugar together using your KitchenAid® Professional 620 6-Quart Stand Mixer with the flat beater. Mix the ingredients at low to medium speed for about one minute or until fully incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix again for a few seconds. Add in the egg and mix for a few more seconds. Add in the vanilla and mix again for a few seconds. In a small bowl sift together the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the mixer and mix at a low to medium speed. Mix until just incorporated (all the dough will come from the sides and stick to the beater).
- Roll out the dough between two pieces of parchment paper until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Place the dough on a baking sheet and refrigerate it for one hour. This will help the hearts hold their shape.
- Using a small heart cookie cutter cut the dough into hearts. My hearts were about 1 inch in size. The dough will likely be hard enough to stick to the cookie cutter, which makes it easy to pop them out and onto your parchment-paper-lined or greased KitchenAid® Professional-Grade Nonstick Sheet Pans. Roll out any leftover dough and cut out more hearts. Place the hearts into the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to an hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) while you are waiting for the dough to cool.
- Bake the hearts for 8-12 minutes or until they are done in the center. Top with icing or powdered sugar.
PER SERVING *
|Calories360Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.