If you want a sweet treat that is both fluffy, yet also hearty and decadent, then try making this recipe for Chocolate-Vanilla Whoopie Pies. These sweet treats are the perfect combination of decadent chocolate fluffy cookies and creamy vanilla cream. Be sure to pick up the ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can surprise your family with a nostalgic favorite this weekend. We hope you love them as much as we do!
- 200 grams flour
- 100 grams dark chocolate
- 75 grams butter
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 75 grams softened butter
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a bowl, mix the egg and sugar until the mixture whitens.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a water bath or double boiler.
- Separately, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Pour melted chocolate into the egg / sugar preparation, mix.
- Stir slowly the mix with the flour.
- Knead with your hands preparing to make a big ball of dough.
- Form the biscuits with your hands to about 3 cm in diameter and 1cm thick.
- Arrange them on a silicon sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 180 ° C.
- Mix the softened butter and icing sugar in a bowl until the mixture whitens.
- Add the vanilla extract and water, get a smooth mixture.
- When the cookies are cool, place a layer of cream between two cookies, like a sandwich.
- Repeat with remaining cookies and cream.