There is nothing more special and decadent than a homemade chocolate. This recipe for Chocolate Truffles are perfect for a special occasion or for a special someone. There are 20 truffles made in this recipe so plan accordingly if you want to bring some to a special occasion. Be sure to use 70-perfect dark chocolate for an extra layer of depth. While these sweet treats take time to make, they will be worth the time in the kitchen.
- 125 grams cream
- 2 tablespoons water
- 40 grams caster sugar (originally 20 gr.)
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 20 grams salted butter
- 100 grams unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pour the cream, water, and sugar in a saucepan, and bring to boil. Alternately, use a water bath or a double boiler.
- Chop chocolate, and place in a stainless steel container.
- Pour half of the liquid in with the chopped chocolate.
- Mix gently with a spatula.
- Finish pouring the liquid in the chocolate, and stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add butter, and mix.
- Once the preparation is smooth, pour in a container, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 12 hours, or place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Form ganache balls, and roll in unsweetened cocoa powder.