- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 30 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup kahlúa (or other coffee-flavored liqueur)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate cake (9 inch, cut into 4 layers)
- chocolate curls
- fresh raspberries
- chocolate covered coffee beans
- In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream just to a boil. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let sit for 1 min then stir until smooth. Set aside and let cool until a spreadable consistency, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, beat together cream cheese, ricotta, coffee liqueur, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread 1/3 cup ganache over each cake layer. Spread ricotta mixture over top of each ganache layer then sandwich together. Gently heat ganache until liquid and drizzle over cake. Garnish with fresh raspberries, chocolate-covered coffee beans and chocolate curls.