Terrines are the perfect palate pleasing way to not only make a dessert look appetizing, but also to pack a lot of delicious ingredients into one decadent dessert. This recipe for Chocolate Terrine with Speculoos is a heavenly dessert that is out of…
this world. This tall and tasty dessert combines the buttery heartiness of the Speculoos with the decadence of dark chocolate for a dreamy and creamy sensation. We hope you enjoy it!
- 200 grams dark chocolate (minimum 52% of cocoa)
- creme fraiche (10 cl.)
- 120 grams softened butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 150 grams speculoos
- In a Pyrex bowl, break the chocolate into pieces. Put it over a pan of simmering water. Add the creme fraiche and gently stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat. Add the butter, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir so that the mixture is smooth. Then add the egg and mix again.
- Pour a layer at the bottom of the a flexible silicone cake mold (if you don't have one, line a cake pan with plastic wrap). Cover the entire length with speculoos.
- Repeat 2 times to get 3 layers of biscuits. Place a layer of plastic wrap on top. Place in the fridge for at least 12 hours.
- Remove from mold. Wait for 30 minutes before serving.