- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup tahini (toasted)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup quinoa flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 2 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- sea salt (Flaked, to garnish, optional)
- Whisk together flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl to create a flax egg substitute and set aside.
- Add tahini, maple syrup and coconut sugar to the bowl of the KitchenAid® Artisan® Mini Stand Mixer fitted with the flat beater. Beat this mixture until combined. Add in the flax egg substitute and beat again until smooth.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients (quinoa flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, almond flour, baking soda and sea salt), then add them into the Stand Mixer, mixing on low speed (2 or 3) until a dough forms. Scrape down the sides as needed. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of dough into your hands and roll it into a ball. Place it on the baking sheet and flatten with the backside of a fork. Repeat with remaining dough. If using, sprinkle with flaked sea salt before baking.
- Bake on the center rack for 10 – 11 minutes. Let cool on the pan for at least 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
PER SERVING *
|Calories70Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.