Nothing pairs more perfectly than strawberries and chocolate. If you want to make a sweet and savory treat for guests at your next dinner party, then try these Chocolate Strawberry Tartlets. They are rich and creamy and sweet and tart all in the same bite. The tartlet dough includes ground almonds for added crunch and flavor. The praises you will receive from serving up these decadent desserts are well worth the time spent in the kitchen.
- 75 grams softened butter
- 45 grams icing sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 15 grams ground almonds
- 125 grams flour (sifted)
- 350 grams 70% dark chocolate
- milk (25 cl.)
- cream (25 cl. liquid)
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar (baker's)
- Pastry Preparation:
- In a bowl, mix butter, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar, water, egg, almond meal, and a pinch of salt.
- Stir in the flour and mix to a smooth paste. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Chocolate Cream Preparation:
- Chop chocolate finely. In a saucepan, boil milk and cream. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Add boiling milk and cream to sugar mixture 1/3 at a time, mixing constantly so the eggs do not cook.
- Return to heat, cook over low heat until a smooth custard forms, stir constantly. Make sure the custard does not boil. Once the custard has reached the right consistency, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Roll out sweet dough, and spread in 6 tart molds. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- Pour in the dark chocolate cream.
- Warm and trim the strawberries, then slice and arrange on top of tarts.