Chocolate Strawberry TartletsChloé Delice
Nothing pairs more perfectly than strawberries and chocolate. If you want to make a sweet and savory treat for guests at your next dinner party, then try these Chocolate Strawberry Tartlets. They are rich and creamy and sweet and tart all in the same bite. The tartlet dough includes ground almonds for added crunch and flavor. The praises you will receive from serving up these decadent desserts are well worth the time spent in the kitchen.
- 75 grams softened butter
- 45 grams powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg yolks (beaten)
- 15 grams ground almonds
- 125 grams flour (sifted)
- 350 grams 70% cacao chocolate
- milk (25 cl.)
- cream (25 cl. liquid)
- 4 egg yolks
- 50 grams sugar (baker's)
- 1Pastry Preparation:
- 2In a bowl, mix butter, powdered sugar, vanilla sugar, water, egg, almond meal, and a pinch of salt.
- 3Stir in the flour and mix to a smooth paste. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Chocolate Cream Preparation:
- 5Chop chocolate finely. In a saucepan, boil milk and cream. Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Add boiling milk and cream to sugar mixture 1/3 at a time, mixing constantly so the eggs do not cook.
- 6Return to heat, cook over low heat until a smooth custard forms, stir constantly. Make sure the custard does not boil. Once the custard has reached the right consistency, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until you have a smooth mixture.
- 7Preheat oven to 350F.
- 8Roll out sweet dough, and spread in 6 tart molds. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool.
- 9Pour in the dark chocolate cream.
- 10Warm and trim the strawberries, then slice and arrange on top of tarts.