- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (slightly softened)
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- 3/4 cup stout beer (dark Irish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup Irish whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (extract, or the seeds scraped from one vanilla bean)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly mist the KitchenAid® Professional-Grade Nonstick Mini Angel Food Cake Pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Place the sugar, flours, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer, and whisk to combine.
- Add in the butter, mixing on medium-low speed, until the mixture resembles damp sand.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition.
- Pour in the beer and add the vanilla. Mix on medium-low speed for about a minute and a half, to aerate the batter and build the cake’s structure.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cake is springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs. Allow the cakes to cool in the pan for 20 minutes and then invert onto a wire cooling rack.
PER SERVING *
|Calories370Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.