Spritz cookies are traditionally from northeastern France, where they are enjoyed around Christmas. Their buttery flavor and crisp texture are perfect when dipped in dark chocolate and make a great edible gift. Hot chocolate spoons are a simple and…
throughful gift to give around the holidays, kids especially love them as a special treat.
- 250 grams powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 360 grams butter (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 500 grams flour
- 125 grams ground almonds
- 350 grams dark chocolate (chopped)
- mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, briskly whisk the powdered sugar with the vanilla extract and the softened butter.
- Add the eggs and whisk again.
- Stir in the flour and ground almonds in several increments.
- Put the dough into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, form the cookies by drawing closely spaced zigzags patterns (about 4). Space the cookies well as they tend to expand while baking.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. After baking, let cool on a rack.
- Melt 120 grams of chocolate in a bain marie.
- Once melted, add an additional 30 grams of chocolate and stir so that the whole mixture is homogeneous.
- With a brush, cover half of each biscuit with chocolate. These biscuits will keep for a week without a problem in an airtight container.
- To prepare the hot chocolate sppons, start by melting 150 grams of chocolate in a bain marie.
- When melted, add the remaining 50 grams of chocolate and stir to make the mixture homogeneous. If you wish, you can add a pinch of cinnamon and cardamom at this time. Pour the melted chocolate into paper liners.
- Stick in a small wooden spoon and "block" it straight, using the marshmallows. Once cold and hardened, unmold the tins and wrap them individually. Just dip the spoon in a cup of hot milk!
|Calories2050Calories from Fat1080|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1080|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.